umdterp13
umdterp13, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Custom Installer / 12 Volt Tech
30812386

I have a Kenwood DNX7260BT navigation fitted to my people transporter

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood DNX7260BT navigation fitted to my people transporter which was work ok until I removed the front screen to clean it, however I have noticed that there is a flashing red security light.
When I put the unit back into place as specified by the instruction manual there is no power to the screen and it does not work.
Can you please give me an idea what I have done wrong?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 2 years ago.
If you're not even presented with the opportunity to input a security code, i.e. there is no evidence of power as you have indicated; the face plate most likely hasn't been properly placed. As such, there are protocols for resetting the device once it has been established that power is attained once again.Reset:http://www.manualslib.com/manual/489352/Kenwood-Ddx8026bt.html?page=4#manual Security Features:http://www.manualslib.com/manual/489352/Kenwood-Ddx8026bt.html?page=72To reset the entire system without interfering with the installation, you can try detaching the negative battery terminal for a matter of minutes and allow the capacity of the collective electronic resources to drain.Without any power to the face plate, there's really not much that can be done until it is properly replaced. From there, either a reset or inputting the code should rectify the situation.