carlday1
carlday1, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Can you help with a car audio problem? I have just taken

Customer Question

Can you help with a car audio problem? I have just taken delivery of a Mazda Bongo Imported into the UK and converted to campervan.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Bought the Bongo about 3 hours ago! The double-DIN size radio has the model MDV434DT marked on it and I can't get the radio to work on UK frequencies. The dealer didn't give me a manual for it so I'm stumped!
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I just need to learn Japanese so I can read it!
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: where can I download a manual? your website doesn't recognise the model number.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I have had look and the only manuals I can find are in Japanese.

I have had a look at the specs on the radio and it will not work fully over here on the uk frequencies.

FM in the uk is 88 - 108MHZ the radio covers 76 -90 MHZ you should be able to get radio 2 but thats about it on FM.

The AM spec for the radio is pretty much the same as the UK so you should be able to receive some UK stations on AM

Sorry its bad news it may be worth considering changing the radio for a UK model.