stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Nathan, I have a Kenwood DNX4210BT with garmin maps, the

Customer Question

Hi Nathan, I have a Kenwood DNX4210BT with garmin maps, the satnav decided to stop being able to find any routes unless I was a couple of miles from the destination so I have updated the firmware ok and now trying to updated a new set of maps, but when I put the usb into the unit to register it and then connect to garmin express it does not even see the device. any ideas?
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  victoria-mod replied 5 months ago.
Victoria
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 5 months ago.

Have you tried reformatting the USB stick?

That usually works, if not you would have to try a new stick, those units are weird about formatting...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have reformatted it fat fat32 etc. And bought a new one and tried that.

Aside from a screen share that's all there is for compatibility, I would try that for you but as an installer that's as far as this would go to transfer files. Have you tried calling Kenwood? That's the next best thing to visiting an aftermarket shop to determine is its a defective unit.