Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

i have a vauxhall signum 2.0 turbo, 03reg, it has a fault with

Customer Question

i have a vauxhall signum 2.0 turbo, 03reg, it has a fault with the turbo, code Poo33 came up on engine analyses reader which is the turbo charger by-pass valve range/performance. Is this an easy fix and which part is the valve.
Category: Car
Expert:  pauline-admin replied 4 years ago.

My name is Pauline and I am a JustAnswer.co.uk Representative for this topic. I am working hard to find an Expert to assist you. Thank-you for your patience.

Pauline
Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Vauxhall , but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Gina~Moderator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI Gina, HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK WITH MY Issue. I AM HAPPY TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER

Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello:

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Best,

Gina

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

the turbo bypass valve is an valve that sits on the front of the turbo - also known as a 'blow-off ' valve it vents excess boost back into the turbo inlet to prevent the compressor from stalling during a gearshift

the actual valve is built into the turbo but its controlled with a electrical solenoid valve and its likely that the problem is this solenoid or a leaky vacuum pipe between the solenoid and inlet manifold or solenoid and bypass valve

the valve is highlighted here

and the solenoid should be on the back of the engine bay, you can see the small rubber pipe that runs from the valve to the solenoid

the system is like this

where item 6 is the bypass valve