Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

WHEN I SELECT DRIVE IN MY 2003 HONDA ACCORD THERES A RED LIGHT

Customer Question

WHEN I SELECT DRIVE IN MY 2003 HONDA ACCORD THERES A RED LIGHT BY THE SIDE SHOWING YOUR IN DRIVE MODE THE LIGHT STAYS ON BUT KNOW ITS STARTING TO FLASH THEN GOES OFF THEN STARTS TO FLASH AGAIN
Category: Car
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Expert:  Ross replied 4 years ago.

Hi, if the D light is flashing, this means there is a fault on the TCM (transmission control module) The car will need to be put on a diagnostic scanner, such has Honda HDS at a dealership or a good garage that has the specialist diagnostic equipment to scan this fault.

Unfortunately universal fault code scanners will not read the TCM, only the Engine Control Module. Its impossible to know exactly what the fault is without retrieving this fault code as the faults range from a simple sensor, or bad connection, through to an internal mechanical fault, and due to the cost of parts and potential labor, it works out a lot cheaper to have it scanned at a good garage then take guesses as to whats causing the warning light.

I hope this answers your question, if you have any further questions or would like me to expand on anything, please ask, thanks, Ross