Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician

Have ordered new headlights for my Peugeot 206 SW S 2005. Live

Customer Question

Have ordered new headlights for my Peugeot 206 SW S 2005. Live in France and need LHD as it is a RHD car = can anyone tell me how to replace these please. Do I need to take off the bumper etc?

Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.

techmachine :

Hi, my name is Ross and i will help with this question.

The bumper does not need to be removed, first remove the front grille.

Remove the four plastic clips (holding the plastic grill to the car) under the bonnet, then remove the M6 Torx30 bolts, on the two ends of the upper grill. pull the plastic grill up/forwards past the security hook.

• the fasteners (1)
  • the electrical connections
  • the headlamp

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Refitting -

• Position the headlight aligning plate (2) on the shaft (3) .
  • Make the electrical connections .
  • Engage the headlight until the guide (4) penetrates the flanged edge of the wing .

Full Size Image

Once the new lamps are fitted and connected up, check all the bulbs are working, they will then need to be aligned correctly, i advise you to get a garage to do this as they have proper beam checkers, it usually takes about 15 mins, and is the best way of checking/adjusting them correctly.

I hope this answers your question, feel free to ask if you need further help or would like me to expand on anything, regards, Ross.

Customer :

Thanks for the information - as soon as they arrive - probably in the next few days - will have a go and get back to you if that's ok

techmachine :

Yes, get back to me if you need any further assistance or have any issues, i will continue to help, regards.

Customer :

Haven't received the headlights yet but as soon as we have I will be in touch with you