Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have agreed to part exchange my car signed the Vehicle order

Customer Question

I have agreed to part exchange my car signed the Vehicle order formand paid a deposit can I cancel this and get my deposit back
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 4 years ago.

techmachine :

Hi, welcome to Just answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will help with your question.

If you have signed all the paper work this will act as a binding contract however some garages will cancel the order but you will probably loose your deposit, i work in a dealership and we have cancelled them in the past for customers, it is entirely up to the dealer and their policies however you may find as far as the legal side of it is concerned, if its signed for, its binding. Under certain circumstances (illness etc..) we have also agreed to return the deposit providing the order for the new car has not been processed, if it has they may not be able to cancel at all. Basically it all depends on the car dealer so my best advice would be to talk to them ASAP before the order goes any further.

I hope this helps, feel free to get back to me if you need further help or assistance with this question, regards, Ross.

Customer:

I have only signed the Vehicle order form and the vehicle which I agreed to buy is a 2nd hand one which they have in stock .Does this make any difference.

Customer:

I have signed a form which is Vehicle order Form. The car which I agreed. to buy is a 2nd hand one held at the garage

techmachine :

Ok, there is a much better chance they will agree to cancel, its difficult if they have ordered a brand new car from the factory but if its a used car, generally its just the deposit that is at risk, they may or may not return the deposit.

Customer:

Well I can always try.Many thanks for the advice. What agood service, so pleased I found you!!!