Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

For a Hyundai diesel turbo imax, how doe I remove the copper

Customer Question

For a Hyundai diesel turbo imax, how doe I remove the copper gasket on the injectors. Its stuck in the head.
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

hi.

sorry you have been waiting a while .

just to confirm the part you are describing are they the copper washers that sit at the bas of the injector?

regards rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes that is correct, diesel seepage has buildup carbon on the seat and the copper gasket has remained firmly on the seat

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

hi Kym.

sorry you have had to wait for a reply there is a big time difference so i hope i am not too late to offer you some help.

firstly i would deposit some wd40 or similar just a small amount down the tubes.

secondly with a long falt blade screwdriver wide enough to overlap the injetor tip hole

plce on top of the copper washer and gently tap with a hammer being carefull not to go through the copper and damage the seat.

then try to turn the washer.

with a smaller blade screwdriver with a dollop of grease on the end retrieve the washer.

let me know how it goes.

regards rob