Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

can you tell how to change my sterring whell on my 88 corn

Customer Question

can you tell how to change my sterring whell on my 88 corniche
Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help/ advise you on this..

Can you please describe your situation a little more fully - ie, what sort of info you require...does yours have an air bag etc ? Is it a particular problem / issue you have ?

Kind Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no air bag the car is 1988 and I don't know how to remove the horn which is in the centre of the wheel do I just pull it of or is there a special percedure I am puting a new wooden steering wheel on
Brendan
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Brendan -

Thank you for your reply.

I know there is no air bag on that year -in manufacture - but people do upgrade the steering wheels etc inc systems - I just had to be sure of what you had before progressing.

In which case, as yours has the standard one ( and no one has to date changed it for a different type ) with the original horn button then yes, you prise that off - grip round the edges with your fingers Brendan and several good tugs will see it come off..

Disconnect the wire of course - and then undo the centre nut - and the steering wheel pull off and you can then change it... Sometimes they are a bit stiff - you have to "yank" the wheel off...

Just as a tip - ensure the steering is in the "straight ahead" position before removing the wheel so that its aligned with the new wheel on... Let me know how you go..

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.