Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

how do i reset my air suspension on a range rover vogue 3lt

Customer Question

how do i reset my air suspension on a range rover vogue 3lt diesel 03 reg
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you on this...

Can I just ask what / if anything you have done / had done / checked so far?

Is the vehicle starting ok?

Too - please give me the vehicle Full reg so that I can pull it up..

Kind Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

n2 nnt

changed the tyre about 4months ago by jacking 1 side up.

the front end is now low and it says air suspension inactive on dash.

not tried anything yet

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Marc..

Thank you for your reply and further info..

Ok well your jacking it up to change the tyre wont have caused anything - thats far too long ago... but basically the situation with this is - the Ecu module.. the computer that has overall control of the system has "seen" - detected a fault somewhere in the active suspension system... and when that happens, it logs a fault code in its fault log memory and puts the light on to tell you that it has done that - and of course in this case, you can physically tell that there is a fault.
#
Quite likely its an air bag fault ( suspension bag) but it can be a sensor for that side, failure of the ride height sensor or a wiring issue or any part of the system inc the piping to that side, the compressor back to the module - but you see the issue you have here - there is just no way of telling at this stage what's gone wrong..

Too - you cannot just "re set" the system as you asked - there is a fault - the module has resistered / logged it as above, so the way forward now is to have a local garage plug in diagnostic equipment which will connect to the Ecu as above - scan its fault log and that tells you / the tech exactly whats gone wrong -and of course, it can then be put right as found.

As most owners dont have the equipment as above, then I have to advise that you will need garage to help to do that part of the task at least - and then you can decide as to who / how you have the actual repairs done. Any 4 x 4 place or of course LR dealer has this equipment - you will have to have the checks done at least and then go from there.

I dont know your capabilities - but you could have a look up underneath at each corner - see if you can see any chaffing on the bags - thats a common issue - but thats usually if its down on one corner - if its down generally, or one front or back end other than checking the compressor piping etc as above , then your move is to have it checked as above - and then go from there. Let me know how you get on.

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

>> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.