Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

when driving (automactic) the gear change does not happen unless

Customer Question

when driving (automactic) the gear change does not happen unless the revs reach 5000revs or more and when slowing down the gear change does not happen until 1000revs
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.

Hi .

Just seen you have been waiting for an extended amount of time and i have also noticed that many experts have checked your question .

Some may have felt the question could not be answered due to the fact on this issue you need to be at the car with a scan tool do do a few tests.

Or some may have an idea what your problem may be but think you have bot offered
a good wage .

I will attempt to assist you with this Vehicle even thought this is out of my market .

This is a problem that could be caused due to a bad TPS ,

You will need a good scan tool with the TCM software to check the function of the transmission ,there are so many factors that could cause this issue but the TPS being the most common .

If you have just had a new or used transmission fitted, then the problem for this is that you must have this reprogrammed to the management system ,

You will have to find an approved Jaguar shop or dealer that will have the update /reflash software for you to have this done .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg