Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

I have a Peugeot 206 1.4lx Automatic car manufactured 2003

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot 206 1.4lx Automatic car manufactured 2003 and it has done 23000 miles it seems to have developed an unusual function on occasions when changing up sometimes it almost as if the clutch is slipping then it changes up and gives a sudden lurch. Any ideas as to the problem
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

hi.

have you checked the fluid level ?

have you ever had the fluid changed?

regards rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No but the car was serviced and MOT last month

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I really do not know since I have only had the car for 2 months

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

hi.

thank you for replying.

the first thing to do is to check the fluid level if it is low it can give the impression of a clutch slipping.

there should be a short dipstick on the front of the transmission if it needs topping up then use dextron 2 transmission fluid .

If the level is ok then i would consider have the fluid removed and replaced with new as the fluid can deteriorate over time and may not have been changed before.

if you need more advice on this then reply to this .

regards rob