Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician

will gt4 engine fit my st182 celica

Customer Question

will gt4 engine fit my st182 celica
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.

techmachine :

Hi, welcome to Just answer, my name is Ross, i will help with your question.

You don't mention which model of GT Four you are planning on taking the engine from, the 165, 185 and 205 had different engine setups but were all fitted with the 3SGTE engine so effectively they will all fit, the 185 is easiest model to take it from as the wiring etc.. is all exactly the same, its just a case of swapping everything over, so yes the engine will fit.

You will need the 3SGTE engine, wiring loom, ECU etc.. Everything will physically fit in, however you need to keep in mind that the 182 gearbox is 2WD, where as the GT Four is a 4WD Gearbox, you can fit this directly in, and leave the 4WD Output shaft disconnected, or use the 2WD gearbox, but i don't advise this as it was never made to take the power and torque of the GT Four engine. Over all, its a reasonable straight forwards job, its everything is literally swapped from the 185 and is a direct fit.

I Hope this answers your question, if you would like to talk about this further please feel free to reply, Regards, Ross.

Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.
Hi Brendan, Please let me know if you need any more help with your engine conversion in your Celica, i'm eager to help!

Otherwise, good luck with the engine swap and remember I'm always here if you have any other questions.

Regards, Ross.