Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Hi wondering if someone could help I have a saxo vtr which

Customer Question

Hi wondering if someone could help I have a saxo vtr which is running rely ruff sounds like it it's running on three cylinders I have chanced plugs coil pack crank shaft sensor and have also checked fuel injection and it has not cleared up has anyone get any other ideas what could be causing this
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 4 years ago.

techmachine :

Hi, welcome to Just answer, my name is Ross, I will help with your question.

JACUSTOMER-6n6jv1v3- : Thanks really struggling with this one
techmachine :

Ok, is this misfire there all the time?

JACUSTOMER-6n6jv1v3- : The misfire only starts after two mins from starting and then it's as if something clicks electrical and it goes worse
JACUSTOMER-6n6jv1v3- : It had a SECAM coil pack on and I change it for genuine one but was tolled these coil packs blow something in the ecu
techmachine :

Yes they can cause problems with the ECU, it can blow the control circuit on the main board, do you have access to any diagnostic equipment to carry out a fault code scan?

JACUSTOMER-6n6jv1v3- : No but sent for ecu of eBay with same numbers on will I still have to have it decoded because this is my last resort
techmachine :

Ok, yea to be honest without a fault code its difficult to pinpoint what's causing a misfire but it does sounds like it may be the signal from the ECU as you have changed the usual suspected.

techmachine :

Hopefully the new ECU will cure this fault, it would certainly be the next place I looked to replace.

If you need any further help with this please feel free to ask, I will be happy to help.

techmachine :

Hi please let me know if you need further assistance with this problem i will be happy to continue my assistance.