Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I HAVE A LANDROVER DISCOVERY V8 AND THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON

Customer Question

I HAVE A LANDROVER DISCOVERY V8 AND THE ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AMBER AND STAYED ON , WENT TO MAKE AN APPT WITH A MECHANIC WHO LOOKS AT IT TOMORROW, THEN WHEN DRIVING THE GREEN SPORT AND M LIGHTS WERE FLASHING ALSO THE RED LIGHT BY THE STICK SHIFT WAS FLASHING AND ON THE DASH LED ALSO
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

When the check engine light comes ON when the engine is running then as you probably know you have a malfunction with one of the systems , in your case most likely a transmission issue ,probably just a sensor problem .

If you have no driveability issue with the engine running bad or misfiring then you will be able to drive on down to the Dealer to have this hooked up to there dealer diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes , from these code you will know what has malfunctioned and be able to do a good repair .

This should be done on the warranty .

Need further information with this issue then please get back to me.

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Kindest regards Greg