Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

03 mg zt v6 (50,ooo mls b/h cam area noise,no loss of water

03 mg zt v6 (50,ooo mls
b/h cam area noise,no loss of water or oil ,water temp ok.
not fireing on all cylinders at b/h side.
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Re- mg-zt v6

Hi yes ok to continue, cam belt was changed at 34,000,back 3.5 years ago. is this the answer your looking for !

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience, no further information is requested at this time. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Hello.

Can you tell me what b/h stands for.

Have you been able to identify which cylinder is misfiring.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

mg-zt v6

hi b/h= bulk head, side nearest to driver,on transverse engine.

a cyilinder not fireing on this side,which one not known at this point !

Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

The misfire and cam noise could be related if the cam has worn a lobe. The first thing to do is try find what cylinder is misfiring. It could be something simple as a spark plug.

You should also do a compression test on each cylinder. All the compressions should be within 10% of the highest reading.

Any difference greater than that could also be caused by a faulty camshaft lobe.

Mark.

Mark, Technician
Experience: Qualified City & Guilds