Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How to disable the alarm & Immobiliser on a 1996 Rover Metro

Customer Question

How to disable the alarm & Immobiliser on a 1996 Rover Metro 1.5 Diesel Peugeot engine
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

is this the factory fitted item?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is the factory fitted immobilieser, the one with small red light on the centre of the dash which has to go out before you can start the engine, and if you press the wrong button on the fob it puts the alarm ( horn ) going.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

1st try re-syncing the fob 1st you take the battery out and press each button 5 times. You then put in the battery again and stand near the car
Lock the car with the key and press unlock 5 times and then press lock 5 times.

If you have the EKA code ( in the handbook)

Insert key into drivers door lock and and hold in the LOCKED position for 5 seconds.

2. Turn the key to the UNLOCK position the required number of times to enter first digit of the code.

3. Turn to LOCK the number of times for next digit.

4. Turn to UNLOCK the number of times for 3rd digit.

5. Turn to LOCK the number of times for last next digit.

6. Finally goto UNLOCK to finish and override your immobiliser.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This car dose not have centre locking, just the immobiliser.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bill

OK

have you tried the fob reset as I mentioned above?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, at the moment I cant find the handbook for the EKA code, I know it is in my office somewhere, not so long ago I had a good cleanout and I put it away in a safe place, so safe that I cant even find it, I am in the motor trade myself, I used to be a road tester in Coventry, I am now 70 years old and on crutches after a Psoas Abscess on my spine 4 years ago.

If you want to take the money that is OK by me, when I find the handbook I will try what you sent me.

Bill Slockett

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bill

I only get paid when you rate my answer postively, this can happen at any point and I can carrry on the conversation

so only rate my answer when you're happy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mat, at the moment I am fitting CCTV camera's at my house, so do not have much time until they are working, I will have a look around my office in the morning, and if I find the book I will try out your suggestion.

I have to cook my dinner now, the wife is away, she is back later tonight.

Bill

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
no problem Bill

get back to me when you can
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried to re-sycing the fob but it did not work.I had a good look arround my office but did not find the book. any other suggestions.

Bill

I found the book but no mention of the EKA code

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just found the book, but no mention of the EKA code.

Bill

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bill

in that case I'd suggest the following:

Pull out the glove box by removing the two screws at the back that hold it in

now put you hand up above the glove box into the dash you will find a small box about 5 inches square....just pull out the multi plug and that will disable the alarm so the car can be started

the remote / central locking will no longer work with this unit unplugged however
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Glove box out , nothing there only a small relay, can't find the box you described, 9 screws to take out to get the glove box out.

Bill

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bill

in that case I'd suggest gettign in touch with this firm

http://www.nmfhssouthport.co.uk/users/www.automotiveelectronics.co.uk/index.php?f=data_rover&a=0

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mat.

I tried some more batterys I think the one's I had might be flat,although they were bought last week. I put the glovebox back in then tried differant batterys, now the red light is not comming on at all, and you can start the motor, I will just go outside and try again it's 2 hrs since I tried it before, first try 27 press's of the button then it went off, then I tried it again and the light went off straight away.

Bill

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bill

that sounds promising

might be worth trying this re-sync as well:

to re-sync the fob 1st you take the battery out and press each button 5 times. You then put in the battery again and stand near the car