Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

I have a 1995 range rover auto when I move the gear stick.

Customer Question

I have a 1995 range rover auto when I move the gear stick. Into drive or any gear the car still won't move
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Ok first check the transmission fluid . check this with the engine running and in "P"

Should be on the level and should have a nice red to a light brown .

If the fluid is a dark brown to black then you have a internally damaged transmission
and will need removing to be opened and check what has damaged .

If all this looks okay then check the shifter connections ,this is known to come apart
and fail to let you select any gear .for this you will need to get under your rover and check ,have some one help by moving the selector in the car and you watch the selctor rod under the car.

The part i marked in red is the area that will come apart .

Now if both are good and working then you sadly have an internall issue and will have to be checked by a professional .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg.

Kindest regards Greg