Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

? Replace faulty transmission with second hand transmission. Hyundai

Customer Question

? Replace faulty transmission with second hand transmission.
Hyundai Sonata 2008 Diesel faselift model chassis number KMHET41VR9A
Transmission model F4A51-3
Can the previous model Transmission from chassis number KMHET41VR8A be used as the facelift model has no speed sensor at the differential.
If So what needs to be changed and will the vehicle computer system operate the transmission correctly.
I am in New Zealand no local mechanics with the knowledge.
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I need an answer as Hyundai changed the model August 2008 I have a transmission for the pre August 2008 Sonata but cannot obtain a transmission for the facelift model at a economical price in New Zealand.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to know if these transmissions are interchangable and how.

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

No this transmission will not work correctly , you need the transmission with the speed sensor on the transmission this is used to control gear shift , the one you have uses the ABS speed sensor to control the transmission, the management system is set up differently , you will have to get the same transmission I'm afraid.

Rgds Greg