Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

C3 Pluriel EG03BNE Bonnet release cable broken and can not

Customer Question

C3 Pluriel EG03BNE
Bonnet release cable broken and can not open bonnet. Flat Battery.

Can I fix myself or should I call the AA to have it towed to a garage
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Where exactly has the cable broken ? at the handle end or at the bonnet catch?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I believe under the bonnet

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

At the bonnet catch I believe

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for getting back..

Ok thats unfortunate..if you can double check at the handle end in the car and see if is not snapped at that end - if it has done instead. then its just a case of getting a pair of good pliers and pull the cable end thats broken and that should get the bonnet open..however if you think its broken at the bonnet catch end then this is going to be a little more difficult and time consuming as it will likly involve having to get access to the catch opening lever in which the cable on that end is attached itself to pop the bonnet so will need a series of long metal rods to form a hook on the end to pull the catch/long skinny flat head screwdriver/torch even to get better visual .and this usually will involve having to either try and reach up from underneath,so the car will need to be jack up at the front under tray plastic trim removed to observe access or having to go in through the grille to see if acess can be got that way..so may involve part of the grille being broken to that..so something to bear in mind too..the best thing you can do is double check on the cable to se if it hasnt just broken at the handle or likly you will need the as above the AA to actually find a way to get power into the car to get it started even/bump started..least then this would make the car usable in the mean time till the bonnet cable is seen too..i do hope this helps