Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

the illumination lights on the speedo clocks comes on when

Customer Question

the illumination lights on the speedo clocks comes on when the lights are switched off and ignition off and car locked causing the battery to go flat
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question?
From what you are describing this is a ground issue for the vehicle. The first steps to take are to make sure that the battery ends are tight and there is no exposed wires that are touching. Follow the cables from the battery to the starter and the battery to the alternator to ensure that all wires are tight and not frayed. After doing this and everything checks out go to the fuse box under the hood and pull each fuse one at a time and when the lights go off you have found the system by the fuse label that is causing the short.