Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds

Hi I have a Citroen C8, the rear off side electric door would

Customer Question

I have a Citroen C8, the rear off side electric door would not shut properly under power,
It would get all the way and at the last stage, seem to meet some resistance and auto open again.
I checked all areas to see if something is causing a jam, nothing.
In desperation and needing to get my family home, I pushed the door shut.
now the door wont open under power with either button, remote or handle, I can open the door manually
I get a long(ish) single beep when I try, either opening or closing ( not the 3 beeps you sometimes get)
when the door is closed, the door warning on the dash goes off, so I am confident that switch is working correctly.

Is there a quick fix to let the "door" know which state its in (open or close) that would allow the electric motor to power the door

Thanks for any help you can give, sorry if the question is long winded

Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Josie

Thanks for the reply.
I am ok to wait for the answer for the answer

I understand it takes time to find the right person

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My name is Mark and I will try to assist you with this.

What I suggest you do is disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and then do a restore of all the comfort settings and radio code.

To do a door reset, after reconnecting the battery is to open the door fully and then close it manually.

Please remember to rate my assistance.

If you need further help, just ask.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer

I'm sorry to say that what you suggested has not cured the problem

(I did have a heart stopping moment when I reconnected the battery, waited the 2 mins, then tried to start the engine ---- immobiliser fault , but that disappeared and the car starts ok)

When I try to open the door with buttons or remote, I can hear a beep and can also hear the door release catch?? working, the door pops out a little, there is a short 2 sec sound like a motor running (possibly the catch) and I can hear a relay clicking in the side panel where the very last rear seat would be on the off side of the car.

When I have pressed the button, I cannot manually open the door either by just pushing the door from the inside or from the outside without using the handle, ie just hold the sides of the door front and back (where you would jam your fingers if the door were to close completely) and slide the door back. I need to use the handle to release the door catch completely

The door warning symbol does light up on the dash

I when the door is open, and I try the buttons, I hear a single beep and the relay click at the rear of the car

I hope this gives you a clearer understanding of the problem

The other door operates correctly

Thanks for any further help you can offer

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

I think you are going to have to remove the door panel so you can observe the lock mechanism when you try to open the door by remote.

It sounds like either the motor is defective or sticking as it doesn't operate the catch fully.