Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

labor cost of rebuilding chevy S10 2.8..... some 700 trann

Customer Question

labor cost of rebuilding chevy S10 2.8..... some 700 tranny?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Now this is a hard question to answer, as the price to repair this transmission depends on what has to be replaced ,this you will know after it has been opened and checked .

If you only need an O/H kit then the price of the kit plus labour which is 8 hrs times the shop rate .you can count on $800 to $1500 .
I would see if you can find a good transmission at the local salvage yard , they will fit it in some salvage shops and give a good warranty and save a bunch of cash and have your truck back in a day .

Need further assistance then pleas get back to me with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button for assistance .

Rgds Greg