Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have a problem with my 4.0 1999 range rover it starts every

Customer Question

i have a problem with my 4.0 1999 range rover it starts every morning first time when u reach ur destination and leave the car for 10 to15 min it wont start if u leave it for several hours it starts first time
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are describing is consistent with a common fuel pump failure,the pump overheats and causes the starting issue. What I would suggest as a first step is to have the fuel pressure checked. It is being checked for weak pressure and to see if the pressure is bleeding down.