Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My Freelander 2 power steering is initially inoperative on

Customer Question

My Freelander 2 power steering is initially inoperative on one side but frees itself when driving.Any obvious solutions.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

This is either a fault with the PS -unit itself - or, its drive. The belt should be checked first of course and its tension in case of any issues there but nine times out of ten its the pump thats faulty.

On occasion its the rack - but very rarely. I would suggest have a garage check this for you to be sure - they can test.

Of course this assumes the fluid is at the correct level and not excessively dirty. If there are any issues there - the fluid should be changed / flushed first and see if that cures the issue before change of pump..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.