Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Xsara Picasso 1.6Hd Desire,reg Jan 2007,on a 56 plate needs

Customer Question

My Xsara Picasso 1.6Hd Desire,reg Jan 2007,on a 56 plate needs a replacement turbo. No local mechanic wants to do it because of modifications to the engine which are necessary for a successful job. Local Citroen main dealer is saying about £1600!!!. Should I scrap it,although I have just had a new alternator and clutch fitted(Mar.13), or is there a Citroen mechanic out there who could do it and give some sort of guarantee. I am in the Torbay area of Sth Devon.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will continue to wait for an answer

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

I'd suggest contacting this firm

http://www.richardwalke.co.uk/

but also I don't understand why modifications are required to fit the new turbo as yes the sump should be removed and cleaned out but the parts required are all off the shelf

its about a days labour to fit a new turbo which is a £500 part so I'd expect the job to come in at about £1100 total
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE INJECTOR SEALS NEED REPLACING,,BY CITROEN, TO BE SURE ,AS A LEAKING SEAL IS THE ORIGINAL CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM. TO GIVE A GUARANTEE THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE DONE

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

usually the injector is replaced as a whole unit as I don't think they're user servicable

unless they are referring to the seal at the base of the injector?