Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

hi ihavea cireron zara piccaso for about 3 months it as an

Customer Question

hi ihavea cireron zara piccaso for about 3 months it as an auto transission, people have told me is a triptronic box the gearcchage paddle is in just below the middle of the dash, the paddle goesthrough a gate it as the letter P, D, R D AND M, THE TROUBLE IS WHATS THE m FOR I'VEBEN TOLD IT STANDS FOR MANUALT TOLD IT WASYWIFE WHO DRIVES IT BTRIPTRONIC I DONT KNOW THIS WORKS, MY TO USE ITWIFE DRIVES THE CAR CAUSE I AM DISABLED CAN YOU TELL ME HOW AND WHEN WHEN SHE DRIVES IT SHE PUTS THE PADDLE IN DRIVE WHEN OR IF SHE SHOULDSHE PUT IT IN THE m SLOT HOPE YOU CAN HELP IS SHE DRIVING IT PROPERLY HOW AND WHEN SHE SHOULD USE ITPLEASE ??
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

markthebooler :

markthebooler :

The M is for manual control of the auto gearbox.

markthebooler :

I would tell your wife just to use D and let the autobox select the best gear required.

markthebooler :

The M mode is usually for boy racer types or sporty driving.