Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

The temperature selector will not go below 59 f ,It will go

Customer Question

The temperature selector will not go below 59 f ,It will go up ,and then back down to59 but no lower the result being its constantly blowing hot air . what can I do ,I just bought the car
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

The temp selector will not go lower than 59f /15c .

If you are only getting warm air then you may be low on 134a gas you will have to have the system check for how much pressure is in the system ,

Hot air in car can come from the following issue .
Heater control door stuck in the heater side .
Compressor not switching on ,sized ,low on 134a ,fuse blown ,bad control switch.

The A/C system has to be checked by a professional as this system is under a very high pressure .and good tools should be used to check this system out .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg