Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi Im having a problem with the bevel gear on my kawasaki

Customer Question

Im having a problem with the bevel gear on my kawasaki 300 klf 4x4 bayou .i loosened the cap to change the seal and the gearing inside sprung forward, is there a simple solution to getting the gears back into place as the cap is about 8mm from the case and wont tighten any further
any help would be appriciated
Category: Car
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

carry on with finding an answer as i cant proceed without a solution

John

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Unfortunately there is not a way to easily fix this problem. The case has to be removed and the gears have to be reset using a special tool as they are spring loaded in a certain position.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mike Hi

Should the gears with a little patience not fit back into place with a bit of jiggling as taking the casing off the engine is not what i intended as there are not many mechanics in my area who would take this on

If you continue to work with the gears they might pop in place,however without removing the case and installing the gears correctly they could not pop in place at all.