Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

hi, I have a 2010 smart passion cdi, it has 18000...

Customer Question

hi, I have a 2010 smart passion cdi, it has 18000 miles on the clock.it goes to Liverpool for servicing etc. before the first service was due, whilst driving the turbo would go off. and if I stopped the engine and restarted, the turbo came back, this happened on odd occasions, so it went back to smarts Liverpool to be put right and serviced along with some recall work, I got the car back and it behaved itself for months ,then the turbo thing came back again at odd times, but was ok when engine was stopped and restarted. it went back for the big service to Liverpool ,I mentioned the fault to the driver who collected it, when he brought the car back he said there were no turbo faults. now the car is out of warranty, this weekend the turbo stopped altogether. my question is what do you think caused the part time turbo . do I need a new turbo unit. what will it cost. and finally the best place to have it replaced. hope you can help, by the way I am in north wales. many thanks MORRIS xxxx

Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 4 years ago.

techmachine :

Hi, welcome to Just answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will help with your question