Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Volvo S40 2.0 D (2005/6) - Clutch pedal & bite point on the

Customer Question

Volvo S40 2.0 D (2005/6) - Clutch pedal & bite point on the floor when cold but pedal returns to normal position when hot. No apparent fluid loss - reserve is at max. Can you help please?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Yes this is a typical issue of old brake/clutch fluid ,

The fluid after time builds a lot of condense water in the system ,due to the brakes getting hot brake fluid can get up to boiling point and as you know condensation will build and water will also build up in the fluid .

This is why its suggested to replace brake fluid once every two years in hot climates i would suggest every year.

So flush and change your fluid and retest ,you will probably find it improves a lot .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg