MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

when i lock my merc 2300 with my remote 30 seconds later the

Customer Question

when i lock my merc 2300 with my remote 30 seconds later the indcaters start flashing and will not go of until i unlock the car
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.

This sounds like you have a problem with the alarm siren & is quite a common problem.

The alarm siren has its own tamper circuit & when faulty can cause the alarm to trigger - if faulty then the alarm will trigger by flashing the lights but no sound will be heard due to the fault.

I would always recommend having the car checked on Mercedes STAR diagnostic tool to check for codes and to see what circuits have triggered the alarm before nay work is carried out but this certainly appears to be a bad siren which will need replacing.

Best regards, Paul