Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

erat idleing and cut out when movering to park or stop at trafic

Customer Question

erat idleing and cut out when movering to park or stop at trafic it is like the engine is running on 3 plugs
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Are there any warning lights coming on?
Any abnormal noises or smoking from the engine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What other information apart from what i have already given in my question

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There Is no smoke coming from the engine, and car drives like a dream this car has only 26 plus on the clock. The only repairs done on this engine is a Head gastic about 4 Months

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There Is no smoke coming from the engine, and car drives like a dream this car has only 26 plus on the clock. The only repairs done on this engine is a Head gastic about 4 Months. This problem sounds to me like petyrol starvation

Ok the issue that you are describing is consistent with a failed fuel injector on one of the cylinders allowing a cylinder to be starved of fuel. What I would suggest as a first step is to have a balance test ran on the fuel injectors this will determine which fuel injector is failing or has failed. The balance test is ran using a scan tool.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This car is not fuel injection it is plugs,but you may be right on the fuel side because when the car first start there is no problem. It is only when the engine runs for about 10 minutes this problem starts it is like the engine is runing on2 plugs.

If it is a 2001 it has fuel injectors and plugs. Have the balance test performed and also a cylinder leak down test performed and this will point to the cylinder that is causing the issue.