Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology

Citroen c3 hdi 04 plate cannot get starter motor because of

Customer Question

Citroen c3 hdi 04 plate cannot get starter motor because of large bracket in the way no sign of it in the Haynes manual. it look like the bracket for the gear change.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.

Peterkmiles : It is a tricky job, the top bolt goes from the battery side of the starter, and you will need to remove the air intake pipes, best to lift the fuel filter out of the way and you will see better.The other two bolts are accessed from underneath the car, just above the o/s driveshaft. all the retaining bolts are usually Allen head bolts.There is often a bracket that holds the wiring onto the starter, make sure you get this off whilst the starter is secure, otherwise you will find it hard to get enough purchase on the nut if the starter has been freed from its mounts.Next problem is getting it out of the hole, I think it will come out without removing the driveshaft just. On a C4 diesel last week with a similar set up, I had to remove the exhaust downpipe to get the unit out.Its not a nice job as you probably gathered.