Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

can some one help me please. im having trouble with my renault

Customer Question

can some one help me please.
i'm having trouble with my renault laguna 2.0turbo (petrol).
after stopping the car 3 or more times when the car is at running temp;the injection and esp light comes on and then the car goes into limp mode and revs sits at 2-2500 rpm. I've had the car scanned and it came up with df134,df082,df132,df083,df058 and df117.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

markthebooler :

Hello.

markthebooler :

Most of these fault codes relate to communication errors on the multiplex system.

markthebooler :

058 is a fault with the rear o2 sensor or wiring.

markthebooler :

082 is an unidentified electrical fault.

markthebooler :

083 is the same definition as 082.

markthebooler :

117 is a programming error for the immobiliser.

markthebooler :

132 is electric windscreen, multiplex or UCH.

markthebooler :

134 is instrument panel, multiplex.

markthebooler :

I would therefore advise first to check the battery connections and the main earth points are in good condition.

markthebooler :

Also check the charging system and battery are working correctly. Check the battery capacity has not reduced with age.

markthebooler :

Laguna's also have a known fault with the instrument panel. Failures are quite common. This could also have an effect on the multiplex network and the immobiliser. If communications between ecu's are being disrupted by a fault on the network then multiple errors can be stored.

markthebooler :

Once you have check all the connections etc above, you should then clear all the codes and road test vehicle to see if any codes come back.

markthebooler :

Mark.

JACUSTOMER-7zv6k463- :

do any of those code makes the car go into limp mode?

markthebooler :

Any of those codes could put the car in limp mode.

markthebooler :

But o2 sensor would probably be the one causing it.

JACUSTOMER-7zv6k463- :

i've had the o2 sensor changed on the down stream and the wiring checked all the way back to the ecu but the car still goes into limp mode when ran for more than 20 mins or when you've stop and started the car. its starting to become a real pain in the .......

markthebooler :

You are going to have to check the electrical system to pinpoint the cause for the other fault codes and hopefully once they clear the car will be ok.