Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a nissan navara d40 2.5dci its lost its poke feels

Customer Question

I have a nissan navara d40 2.5dci it's lost it's poke feels like turbo not kicking in
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Are there any warning lights coming on.
Any smoking from the exhaust or abnormal noises?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mike
There are no warning lights at all when I put my foot down it's slow reacting not powerful as it usually is I get a bit of smoke when I change gear,and it does sound a little noisier than usual but I think that's the engine working harder
Ok the issue that you are describing is consistent with the turbo failing to kick in,this is normally from the turbo impeller being restricted with carbon debris or the turbo boost valve having the same carbon problem. What I would suggest as a first step is to have the turbo serviced and cleaned that this will normally take care of this issue.