Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My fuel cap cover is jammed so I cannot open it and get to

Customer Question

My fuel cap cover is jammed so I cannot open it and get to the fuel cap and fill it up.

It is an Audi A3 2.0 Turbo RJ58 WMX

Can you help or do I just force the cover off. I have sprayed WD40 into the cavaty hoping this might free the release mechanism, but I have only had rhe a short while and have no idea what it looks like or what to do.
Dudley
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing the electric release has shorted or the cable That releases the lid has broken.
If you look in the trunk on the same side as the gas lid,pull back the felt carpet and there is a emergency fuel release lever that will open it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ihave opened it but the release cable is not under the carpet near the top of the boot on the side . The cable is under a small cover that has to be levered off, however it worked

Thanks very much.

No problem thank you. I'm glad you got it open.