Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

the reversing lights will not work and rear sensors will not

Customer Question

the reversing lights will not work and rear sensors will not work reversing bulbs are ok and cannot find a blown fuse
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Manual or an automatic transmission .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it is a 5 speed manual

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Eric .

Have you checked and tested the reverse switch on the transmission .

Check first the connection then the wiring harness then Ohm the switch in "N" then when in "R"
On the connection plug you should have batt power on the one wire with ignition on .
And ground on the other wire .

Check this then get back to me if this checks out good ,if not replace the switch .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

high greg I cannot locate the switch from your diagram. I know that the engine is a 1.2 clio fitted in the savvy, is this switch in a different place? thankyou, eric.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Eric

Okay gave you the mitsubishi transmission that they also used.

The switch then should be on the rear side and will look like one of the two below .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have check the wires, replaced the switch but still no luck. We are trying to locate the circuit fuse but cant find it, can you help locate the circuit fuse? thankyou

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Are you getting battery voltage at one of the wires at the sensor you just replaced .

Greg.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes we are

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Eric .

Good then the fuse is okay now put a jumper wire between the two wires and check and see if the light comes on .

If they do not work then you will have to trace the wiring toi the light bulkb fixture .

If they do then remove the sensor connect the wiring and with your finger press in the pluger does the light come on if no bad sensor if yes ,internal transmission problem .

Regds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will a voltage meter work?

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Eric .

Just use a jump wire first and see if the light comes on ,ignition switch has to be in the ON position .

Volt meter will work should show battery voltage .

Greg