dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

Hi, I own a Skoda Fabia Bohemia TDI 80 EST (2006). My problem

Customer Question

Hi, I own a Skoda Fabia Bohemia TDI 80 EST (2006). My problem is -- when I have opened the doors with the remote, the 'boot' won't open unless I open and shut the off-side rear door first. This happens every morning but then only sometimes during the day after it had been opened using the 'rear door method' firstly. Please could you help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please carry on and try to find the answer, I don't mind waiting.

Barry

Hello Barry,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Barry,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

It is really important to find the answer to this problem because "what next,where will it lead to without the answer?" Maybe one day I won't be able to open any of the doors, and then how will we be able to access and get to the cause of the problem?

Please carry on trying to help me.

Barry.

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal, In my question I said that the boot won't open unless I open and shut the off-side rear door first, which is what I do. Actually the boot will open if I open and shut ANY of the doors except the driver's door. Could this be of any help?

Barry

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your patience and for providing additional information, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question

firstly I don't think you will have a problem with not being able to open any more door,s

their is acouple of things you can try first before spending money and that is cleaning up the boot latch connectors with some wd40.

if this fails to work it will be either the boot switch that's faulty you can actually test this

1. removing the trim of the boot and shorting out the switch wires and seeing if it opens if it does this would suggest its not the switch.

2. you can also put a multi metre on the boot switch and operate the central locking and see if you get 12v their when operating it if your getting the voltage their this would suggest its your boot switch that's at fault.

3 failing the tests on the switch you would actually need a central locking main control unit please not this job can only be diagnosed and repaired at a skoda garage as they will need to plug into the computer to confirm the fault and also to reprogram the central locking control unit requires a main skoda computer system

I hope this helps and if I can assist you any further or give you extra help with your tests please let me know or update me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer but I'm not the best of mechanics. I take it that when you refer to the boot switch you mean the part that you press in the door/gate, so when you say remove the trim of the boot, you mean remove the trim from the door?

Thanks for your patience also

Barry

the boot switch can be found by removing the trim on the back of the boot under the glass its like a large plastic cover clipped and screwed on/ as soon as you remove the cover where the latch is that connects the boot to the car lock. you will see wires going into the latch on the boot side of the car the latch has a built in switch in it that the wires go into so yes in theory your right its the opposite side of the handle

if you need me to explain a little more clear please ask I am happy to assist you

Many Thanks

Dan