Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

How do I switch off the airbag light on a Citroen Xsara Ha

Customer Question

How do I switch off the airbag light on a Citroen Xsara Hatchback?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully I can help..

Yes these recent changes in regards to the Airbag system are now part of the mot test..and as you have found because the airbag light is on is now deemed a fail..If the airbag light is on then as you may know or be aware of - means there is fault somewhere in regards to Airbag/SRS system and thus the airbag/srs module logs the relevant faults codes and turns the warning light on..Unfortunately this may actually require the diagnostic route to determine where exactly the fault is..but first maybe double check under the front seats and ensure the plugs haven't come loose etc "disconnect battery and wait 15mins before checking" and ensure the plugs under the seats usually yellow are fully home,sometimes the plugs connectors can come away slightly especially if the seat is adjusted back and forth allot - also if you have passenger airbag deactivation switch then ensure that isn't in the off position and is deactivating the passenger airbag can bring this light on..but as above if these areas all rule out then its going to have to be diagnostic route.only then once the fault has been rectified the airbag system will go through a self check each time the ignition is turned and if ok the light shouldn't come back on..i do hope this helps