Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

I have a 2001 Mercedes SLK 320. The ESP warning light has come

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Mercedes SLK 320. The ESP warning light has come on. I'd like to know what this is? I assume that it needs a new sensor/sender? What cost is involved? Not sure whether to fix or move the car on. SEPARATE question, the car fob opens all doors remotely except the drivers door?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

markthebooler :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try to help you with this.

markthebooler :

ESP stands for Electronic Stability Program. It works in conjunction with the ABS and traction control systems.

markthebooler :

It needs to be connected to a suitable scan tool to see what code has been stored but most likely is a fault with one of the wheel speed sensors. Costs are difficult to estimate without knowing for definite the actual fault. However most garages will charge around £30 - 50 to connect a scan tool for the initial diagnostics. Depending on what they find they will then advise you any parts that are required and the labour cost to fit those parts. Garage labour rates can vary between £50 - 150 per hour.

markthebooler :

The fault with the door lock is probably just a lock motor gone bad but again you need to spend some time to test it first. This should be around 1 hour labour.

markthebooler :

Please remember to rate my assistance.

markthebooler :

markthebooler :

Mark.