dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

how do i stop the alarm on my s reg jeep cherokee???

Customer Question

the engine starts fine and the doors lock and unlock on the fob but i cant get the alarm to stop

Category: Car
Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 4 years ago.

dansgarage1 :

dansgarage1 :

Have you tried to unlock lock every door with the key ?

dansgarage1 :

also there should be a small black button under the dash if you put the key in the ignition then hold that down that's another alternative... another alternative is to disconnect just the live battery wire leave negative connected the put the key in ignition turn on leave for short while the re-connect again

dansgarage1 :

turn on the ignition, and then push the override button ( a little black button under the dash) and then try to start the Jeep. Don't turn the ignition off after pushing the button, just turn the key to start. Give that a try and let me know if it works.

JACUSTOMER-b4ph7kvq- :

i will try that now but since i asked the question the handbrake failed and has just rolled down my drive and crashed into a wall, so now it wont start but the alarm is still going

JACUSTOMER-b4ph7kvq- :

i cant find any black button under the dash

dansgarage1 :

hello

dansgarage1 :

im sorry to hear about your handbrake

dansgarage1 :

this would be just a tempory fix but if you find your relay fuse box to stop the alarm you can pull out the alarm relay you should hear the relevant relay making a clicking noise