dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

I have a vw polo 1.4 54 plate. The rear wipper does not work

Customer Question

I have a vw polo 1.4 54 plate. The rear wipper does not work nor does the overtaking mirror's electic switch move them.
Category: Car
Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 4 years ago.

Hi firstly check your fuses if they are ok you need an electrical multi metre to do some testing

you need to get a volt metre and see if you have power to your wiper motor at the rear of the car... if you test the wires going into the wiper and they have power then it will be your wiper motor that's gone

The mirrors if not a fuse would usually be the switch that's faulty a used one from a breaker yard is the best option

If I can provide you more detail or additional information I am more than happy to help

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was unable to find fuse box. Would you tell me were to find it on this car.

Hello sure

If you open the drivers door and look at the side of the dash, its behind a cover their,

so the door actually covers the fuse box cover and in order to get to it you must stand outside the car open the drivers door and look directly at the side of your dash board.

well you are their I would actually remove all fuse,s one by one and carefully inspect each one

If I can help further please update me again I am more than happy to help you