Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

have a proton savvy,engine managment light stays on and does

Customer Question

have a proton savvy,engine managment light stays on and does not want to accelerate up hill and sometimes on the flat.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

The Only thing one can do in your situation is to get your car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes ,

When the light comes ON this is informing you that you have a malfunctions within the management system, and that a code is set ,from the code you will then know where the problem area issue is and be able to test repair or replace a part or sensor to get your car functioning correctly again .

There are so many sensors that could cause your problem so a scan tool is going to be needed as just replacing parts or sensor on assumption could become a very costly issue and still not have the problem sorted out ,this is a problem i see to many times .

So have a scan check and if needed post me the codes to assist you.

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg