Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

peugeot 307 hdi 2 lt eng man light on and wont start

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

markthebooler :

Hello.

markthebooler :

Once you know the code you can investigate the cause and if it is related to the engine not starting.

JACUSTOMER-x6tssb1l- :

how do I find the code

markthebooler :

You need a scan tool to connect it to the vehicle and read the ecu fault memory.

JACUSTOMER-x6tssb1l- :

ok i have scanned codes came up as P 1425 catalytic converter downstream temperature signal. short circuit to positive or open circuit or coherence between converter 1 & 2 temperature signal P 1537 accelerator pedal jammed P 0340 camshaft /crank shaft synchronization.P 1000 CAN Bus scanner could not clear codes what now

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I can see that you are waiting for a reply from the Professional. I have sent the Professional a message to let him know you are waiting.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what more information do you need now

Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

For P1425 you have to disconnect the sensor and measure the resistance across its terminals. It should 0 ohms. If it reads a lot higher, eg 5 or over then replace sensor. If it reads ok then you need to check the wiring for a fault or break.

P1537 is usually a fault with the accelerator pedal position sensor. You should still check the wiring to but normally it is the sensor at fault.

P0340 is either a fault with the sensor or the timing has shifted. This could be a loose or damaged timing belt.

P1000 is a serial communication error. This is probably due to bad wiring.

Of the codes listed I would say P0340 and P1000 are probably the cause of the non starting. P1425 is for emission and would not prevent the engine starting. P1537 normally allows the engine to start but may restrict the rev range.

Mark.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what is a CAM Bus and were is it on the engine

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

customer has just informed me that his washers had stopped working so he got sparkie to have look and he thinks the sparkie shorted out something on the steering column as the car would not start after the sparkie had finished washers still not working, could the ecu unit have been damaged ?

Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

CAN bus is wiring that runs through the vehicle and connects different control units together that share information.

It is possible the sparkie caused the problem but difficult for me to say exactly what he has done.

It is unlikely he has damaged an ecu but not impossible.

Mark.