Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

I have a landrover freelander 2005 tdi... its at the mechanics

Customer Question

I have a landrover freelander 2005 tdi... its at the mechanics and he cannot get to bottom of it... it started as I was driving along the road the engine and slowed at a junction it just stopped, I managed to get it going by turning the ignition and pumping the accelator, 2 miles up the road I slowed for traffic lights and it stopped again... now it will only start if I pump and pump the accellator and it will start eventually but as soon as it goes below 2000 rpm it stops again... the mechanic has put a machine on to see what it says but no faults are showing.. he has checked fuel pumps, filters etc... can anyone help.. please
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

markthebooler :

Hello.

markthebooler :

If the EML is coming on then there will be fault codes stored. This would suggest the scan tool your mechanic has is either out of date or not compatible with the system.

markthebooler :

I would advise he tries another scan tool, maybe borrow one from someone in the trade that can read the code.

markthebooler :

I suspect the fault though is linked to the fuel rail pressure sensor or the high pressure pump. Just because there is diesel at the injectors means the pump is ok.