dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

My Autotrail Tracker, on a Fiat Ducato 2.0 Diesel, has been

Customer Question

My Autotrail Tracker, on a Fiat Ducato 2.0 Diesel, has been slow to turn over since the day I bought it a bought 3 months ago. I had occasion to return it to the dealer, a 65 mile trip, it sat for one night. The mechanic tells me he had to jump strut it the following day. He felt his was normal, having to frequently jump start vehicles-- but after one day??. I picked the van up, slow to start again, drove home, 65 miles. When I tried to restart the engine wold not turn over. I charged the battery, it started fine. Left it a couple of days, before I took it back to dealer. Again very slow to strt, drove 65 miles switched off. Mechanic came out, van refused to start, he had to jump start. Under warranty, he tells me he has harmed the battery everything now ok. How can it be?? Even a lightly dodgy battery should be able to turn engine over after 65 mile run-yes? I am loathe o crept van back without a more detailed check. What might be problem?
Ta
Jim
Category: Car
Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello thank you for your question?

Has the alternator been checked to see if its giving of good charge?

This is simple to do with a multi metre if you have one ?

Please let me know

Many Thanks

Dan