Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My bentley continental is showing a parking brake fault the

Customer Question

My bentley continental is showing a parking brake fault the parking brake will not release can t move it to take to a mechanic only had it three months just out of warranty it was fine last weekend when I used it now I m very fed up
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are having Is consistent with the parking brake active sensor. Basically the brake system is in fault mode and will not release until the fault is cleared with a scan tool. Trying to release the brake manually is going to cause more issues and the vehicle needs to be towed to a dealer.