Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My Infiniti G35 seems to have too high rpms. Not sure if the

Customer Question

My Infiniti G35 seems to have too high rpms. Not sure if the automatic transmission is working
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Is the vehicle setting any codes?
Was the transmission that you swapped with 2nd hand?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. Yes I swapped with a second hand transmission. As for the codes I can't recall the numbers but I remember it had throttle position sensor, accelerator pedal position, oxygen sensor and cylinder 2 misfire.

I reset the ecu manually with the pedal and now the check engine light is gone.

Ok with the RPM's going to high,this is a indication that the valve body or the torque converter is causing the issue. The valve body might be loosing pressure or the torque converter might be slipping. This sounds like you may have gotten a bad transmission,but first the vehicle needs to be hooked to a transmission scan tool and test driven. This will monitor the converter,pressure readings,and the shift times.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it possible that my old valve body on my previous transmission can be used?

Because I've got a spare valve body and valve converter. I had it changed because of a burnt clutch pack

Yes this is what I would do if it were mine is reuse the old parts provided there is not metal debris located on them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks mike, I'll try that.

No problem thank you. Don't forget to rate the answer positive for me,thanks again. If you need further assistance you can always respond back to this question after rating.