Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

2004 Renault megane mk2 convertible. How do I stop MODE TEST

Customer Question

2004 Renault megane mk2 convertible. How do I stop MODE TEST appearing on instrument panel every time I start the engine. I can turn it off by pressing the trip reset button for the journey, but it comes back at the next start up. Have tried diagnostics, pressing other buttons, this site previously & an auto electrician.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
When you run the diagnostic is anything coming up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Running diagnostics brings up code P0136 - o2 sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 2. I have a new sensor ready to fit but unsure about connections as the socket it should plug into has been cut off and pushin fittings used. The wiring at the moment is:-Lambda black to purple/brown stripe. Lambda grey to grey/brown stripe. Lambda white to white. Lambda white to green. Hope this makes sense & is of help to you. Thanks for your help & sorry for the delay in replying. David.

Ok let me take a look at a wiring diagram and I will get back with you,thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike. Just wondered if you had got anywhere with the wiring for my lambda sensor? David.

Hi,do you have a aftermarket or factory part lambda sensor? The wiring is different for the two.Thanks.